Monday, December 26, 2011

#13. Spice up your life!

Herbs and spices have many health benefits. Some can make you feel more satisfied and some can even rev up your metabolism. Ms Sass reports from a recent study from Penn State University. Adding spices such as oregano, cinnamon, turmeric, cloves and garlic can have a positive effect on post meal blood levels of antioxidants, lower insulin levels, and blood fats by as much as 30%.

My comments: I definitely buy into this. I use spices whenever I can and take turmeric everyday! This is something everyone should research.

#12. Chocolate

Dark chocolate has a lot of good properties. One study showed that when women ate dark chocolate for just seven days, their bad cholesterol dropped by 6% and the good cholesterol rose by 9%. It is also linked to reduced risk of stroke, reduced inflammation, and better blood pressure. A small amount is up to an ounce of 70% dark or more.

My comment: More is not better. The key here is small amount.