Monday, November 5, 2012

We Are What We Eat

I am already starting to read information about eating smart for the holidays.  Remember it is possible to undue any progress you have made in the last month with a few holiday parties. Plan ahead, eat ahead, never go to a party hungry, keeping in mind that liquid calories are calories that count.  I know some of you use on-line journaling to stay on track. With almost 45-50% of the population in the U.S.using smartphones, staying current is really easy. For those of you that use My fitness Pal, you know that it also encourages tracking  exercise for the day and adds back calories burned during exercise.  Losing weight is all about creating a calorie deficient by making the right food choices and exercising. I'm not so sure about adding back the calories burned with exercise. That would never work for me. However, I highly recommend the website since we are what we eat!