Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Pomegranate Juice

I first discovered pomegranates several years go at Christmas following a salad recipe given to me by a friend and really good cook.  I started the messy process of retrieving the hundreds of tiny seeds.  (I know the seeds are available in a nice little package, but I did it myself. Extra points for me!) My salad was delicious.  Pomegranates have properties that make it a healthy addition to most any diet.  So when my Dad told me about a study that his sister's trainer told her about, I was interested. It involved decreasing the atherosclerotic lesions in the carotid artery. I am passing to you the link and you can decide for yourself if it might be helpful.  Take into consideration the amount used in the study in Israel is 2 ounces. Don't get drunk on pomegranate juice thinking more is better. Also, when you shop for pomegranate juice, read the label.  Look for pure juice, not a cocktail.  Check the sugar content.  After you recover from label shock, buy the one with less.  Mine is Lakewood.  Check out the link below.

From me from my Dad from his sister from her trainer to you.  Good news travels!!http://www.naturalhealth365.com/heart_disease/pomegranate.html