Friday, October 15, 2010

Amy

Months ago I walked into a place called “AnyTime Fitness” to meet my new client. She was there exercising on a bike. We had never met and yet we knew each other before introductions. At first glance she seemed like any ordinary woman managing to find time to workout after work. It wasn’t until several weeks later that she told me on a particularly hard day for her that she was really missing Amy. I learned that Amy was the adult daughter that she had lost less than 2 years prior. Amy went into a Coma on October 8th and died on the 15th. Her funeral was on the 20th. This has to be a month of memories for her as she remembers the events of her daughters illness and passing. I told her once in an email that I can’t imagine how she manages, how she gets out of bed in the morning and puts one foot in front of the other. Her response was FAITH. She said they had so many people praying for them and even people they don’t know. She has managed to get through these years and will again find the strength to remember once more and put one foot in front of the other. My friend is a strong woman and although I know she must feel like she is dying inside at times, her faith keeps her strong. So even though I never knew her daughter, today I post this in memory of Amy and in honor of her Mother.