Since I consider myself to be only a decent cook, I don't often share recipes with you. However, this one I have made several times from Tasco Reno's Eat Clean Cookbook. It's delicious! With fall here, this is a perfect recipe for a cooler day.
2 T extra virgin olive oil
1 purple onion peeled and chopped
1 carrot chopped
1 cup of celery, chopped including leaves
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tsp sea salt
Freshly ground pepper
6 C low-sodium chicken or vegetable stock
2 vegetable or chicken bouillon cubes
2 C chopped tomatoes
1/4 C rinsed quinoa
2 C white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 tsp curry powder
3 C fresh baby spinach
1. Heat oil in a large soup pot and add onion. Saute over medium heat until translucent.
2. Add carrots, celery, garlic and salt. Saute until golden about 5 minutes.
3. Add stock or water and bouillon cubes. Add tomatoes, quinoa, beans and spices. Bring to a boil and simmer over low heat about 15-20 minutes.
4. Add spinach, cover and cook until the leaves are wilted.
5. Season with salt and pepper.
Serving size is 1 C with 162 calories and 6g of protein.
My comment: Season to your taste. I decrease the seasonings and use less oil. Most of the ingredients are probably in your kitchen already.