Thursday, February 27, 2014

Common Grounds

I have been thinking today about all of the people that I have worked with as a fitness instructor and personal trainer.  I have trained people from 18 to 95.  I have had clients with diabetes, peripheral neuropathy, Parkinson's and high blood pressure.  Some of my clients have survived cancer, heart attacks and strokes. Others have to deal with back pain, neck issues, chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia. The list goes on. One of my clients had a broken foot and another a shoulder problem. A few have had osteoporosis. Some have been and are busy moms such that when their plate was full they just got a bigger plate. Some of my older adults come to every session tired and dealing with arthritis. Some of my clients just didn't want to come because of depression, but came anyway.  The one common thread that links them all together is that they want to be better and stronger.