Monday, March 16, 2015

The Church

 

 Of the churches I have visited I especially remember the UMC at Hilda, TX, a rural community in West Texas.  Their members  have the challenge of country roads and roaming cattle to get to church and have to make an effort to maintain the building.  There most likely is not a cleaning crew that comes in on a weekly basis. The white steeple above the tree tops is visible from the highway and inside you will find stain glass widows and beautiful dark wood. It is picture perfect! My favorite sanctuary is the First United Methodist Church, San Angelo, TX.  The building just says "This is the church."  Nothing more special than that.

The picture above is the church that David and I attend most often.  University UMC is an enormous  building. Inside the sanctuary is just as beautiful. Notice the communion table and the pipe organ in the background.  All of that said, whatever a church looks like is not of any real significance.  What happens inside is. The sermon this morning was on love with the scripture passage I Corinthians 13.  I Corinthians 13 is among many things a Healthy Solution!