Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Food: The Bottom Line

I have known for quite some time that food can do one of two things for me.  It can work for me or it can work against me. There is no in between. Eating clean is definitely the way I choose.  That is not to say that there aren't times when we celebrate a birthday, share a family dinner full of calories, or have a treat. You might find me having a slice of cheesecake with David occasionally . I try to eat a balance of lean protein (I'm a vegetarian), non-starchy vegetables, a few whole grains, fruits, and healthy fats. Food is a pleasure in life to enjoy with family and friends, but its' first and foremost role is to nourish our bodies. It is everyone's personal responsibility to decide how that happens. At the end of the day, it might be a good idea to think about what you ate with this question in mind: Did my food today work for me or against me?