Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Secrets To Fitness

"Summer bodies are made in winter." This quote from one of my Facebook friends really got my attention.  I could not agree more.  Numerous times I have heard and read that in the spring when all the heavy layers are packed away, people find they have pounds to lose to get ready for swimsuit weather. It sounds like there is some great unveiling and "Oh my gosh, I've gained weight".  Of course, in South Texas we rarely need layers. I finally donated my one sweater last spring realizing that I have not worn it in years. There is no great unveiling here. Let me move on to another blog I read Monday by trainer Josh Carter. He is offering his clients the one secret that will help them reach their fitness goals.  I thought it would be training with him. Are you all ears? The secret is ...."your daily habits create your body".  Add that to "summer bodies are made in winter" and you have an idea of how one gets and stays fit and healthy.  If you would like to have a healthier body by fall, make a list of daily healthy activities that you can do within reason to get the body you want.  I'll offer some examples.

  • Drink more water.
  • Take your lunch to work 4 days a week.
  • Walk.
It isn't exactly rocket science. Make your list!