Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Recycle!

recycle symbol  A few months back I was inspired by a friend to take my recycling efforts more seriously.  Now when my recycling bin is picked up it is not only full, but David has extended the sides with cardboard to include more.  However, I am discovering that everything I have been throwing into my bin doesn't belong there.  We all know that aluminum cans as well as steel cans and lids are accepted.  I understand a recycled aluminum can may be back on the shelf in 60 days. Otherwise, it will be around in 500 years! Newspapers and magazines are a given.  Cardboard and mailing boxes are a yes, but the used pizza boxes are a no.  Used foil with food stuck to it is not much good either. Milk and juice cartons lined with plastic or wax are not accepted.  Most centers take plastic bottles with the recycle symbol labeled 1-7. My Tide detergent bottle has the symbol with a "2" molded into the plastic on the bottom.  The caps on the bottles are a no.  Light bulbs, ceramics, mirrors and Pyrex are not accepted, but other glass generally is.  Styrofoam cups are labeled a "6" and if your facility accepts them it's still complicated.  Americans throw away 25,000,000,000 every year. Look for the recycle symbol on your trash before you trash it and make a difference. 


http://www.recycling-revolution.com/recycling-facts.html
WMwaistmanagement