Dr. Daniel Amen
It appears that instead of getting diabetes under control, it is growing just the other way. According to one report I read recently, 21 million people had diabetes in 2010. Another report from 2012 claimed 25.8 million. Let me share a few facts worth knowing.
- San Antonio alone has a population of 14% with diabetes which is double the national average.
- One in three children born in 2000 will be directly affected by diabetes in 2050.
- 29 million people have diabetes in the US currently.
- 86 million people have pre-diabetes and 9 out of 10 are unaware. Scary because only 1 of 10 can fix it before it is a full blown problem.
- The International Diabetes Federation reports that 522 million people worldwide will have diabetes by 2030.
Resource: American Diabetes website
IDEA FITNESS JOURNAL July-August 2016 Worldwide Diabetes Levels See Huge Increase