Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Dieting 101

During my years of attending fitness conferences and workshops, I was always excited to find my favorite presenters that I know will bring something great to the table.  Lawrence Biscontini was one such presenter.  His presentations were always down to earth with information that instructors could take home and use the next day. So when I opened my new Fitness Journal yesterday, I was most interested in the interview with him concerning his thoughts on the obesity epidemic. He believes that we (fitness instructors) need to focus on communicating and ask our people to answer three simple questions before biting.

#1.  Is it healthy?
#2.  Am I in a state of physical hunger?
#3.  How much is needed for me to eat or drink at this time?

Of course, there is a lot more to his interview, but at this point he is saying to get the brain involved in what's going into the body. Mind body.

Resource: IDEA Fitness Journal June 3013