Sunday, September 8, 2013

Reflection

The best thing I received at church today was a list of questions that I think serve as a reality check when the world is not a calm place.

  • For what moment today am I most grateful?  For what moment today am I least grateful?

  • When did I give and receive the most love today?  When did I give and receive the least love?

  • When did I feel most alive today?  When did I most feel life draining out of me?

  • When was I happiest today?  When was I the saddest?
Sometimes at the end of my day I often ask "What was the high point of my day? What was the low point of my day?"  It is never anything earth shattering.  I haven't won the lottery yet.  Sometimes the high point is having coffee with David  at Starbucks and appreciating that in his retirement years we can now do that.  Sometimes it is listening to the voices of Marie, Dee, and Novi and hearing the happiness in their voices.  Nothing earth shattering.

Resource: Sleeping With Bread, Holding What Gives You Life by Dennis Linn, Sheila Faabricant Linn, Matthew Linn