Friday, January 3, 2014

Reading

 Some of you have the opportunity to participate in group exercise classes for your workouts and some of you do not. For those of you (us) that do not, the treadmill, bike, and elliptical are available for cardio workouts.  The problem that most of us run into is that even with access to a TV, the machine eventually becomes boring.  I personally have used an elliptical at least 3 days a week for  cardio for several years.  I have discovered that reading on the elliptical is a great way to minimize the boredom. A Kindle or Nook on a machine makes it even more enjoyable.  The font can be adjusted for those of us that need bigger letters and the pages are much easier to control.  I also find that there are certain books that read well with exercise and some that do not.  For instance, Killing Lincoln was a great book for the elliptical and I saved it for just that purpose.  Reading the book made me want to go for my workout and stay longer. A New Earth, not so much.  It required a lot of focus.  Isaac's Storm was a great book for a workout as has been The Spectrum. I finished it today.  The Book of Awakening is a no again.  Every page is a gem and I would not want to miss a word.  I could not grasp Jesus The Zealot and workout so I saved it for home. It's a little too heavy for workout material. Open Heart was made for exercise, but The Fifth Agreement was great bedtime reading. Today I started a new read, Lean On Me, and I am charging the Kindle for tomorrow's workout.