Friday, January 31, 2014

Stress-busting

Several months ago I added to my Kindle "Organize Your Mind, Organize Your Life" by Paul Hammerness and Margaret Moore with John Hane.  I read about 40% of it, wasn't thrilled and put it away.  In fact, I almost deleted it.  However, this week I was desperate for a book and gave it another chance.  As it turns out, it is a fairly interesting book. If you feel that you have needs for better organization, you might like it.  I feel I am a relatively organized person and maybe that's why my initial response lacked enthusiasm . Well, wouldn't you know the authors had a section on exercise? One point made is the value of exercise for "clearing the head".  John Hammerness reports that the wellness manager, Bill Baun, at the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston had 18 "stress-busting stations" installed for use for all employees.  The stations were made up of an elliptical machine, a Precor stretching machine and a chair with tubing. The employees discovered that just using the stress-busting station for a few minutes relieved stress and made them more effective and more energetic.  How many times have you thought "I just need to clear my head"?  Take a walk!