Saturday, March 21, 2015

Healthy Protein Shakes

Since I shared with you my favorite protein powder, let me revisit ideas for healthy protein shakes.
In a blender, combine in this order:
1 cup of milk (any variety you like). I use almond milk, 30 calorie.
1 scoop of  protein power
1 generous cup of fresh spinach
8-10 frozen strawberries. (Blueberries can be substituted for strawberries.) Blend until smooth.
I warn you the color is not pretty, but it is delicious!



Another favorite is:
1 cup of milk, again your choice
1 scoop of protein powder
1 serving of organic medium silken tofu. Blend until smooth and creamy.



When time is really short my third option is:
1 cup of milk
1 scoop of  protein powder
Shake in a blender bottle container and enjoy!


If you have a healthy shake recipe to share, I would like to hear from you!