- Leafy greens: have at least 2 servings, but 6 is really more like what is needed
- Other vegetables: 1 or more serving per day
- Nuts: 5 servings a week are recommended
- Berries: 2 or more servings per week. (We all know that blueberries are a super food.)
- Beans: 3 serving a week.
- Whole grains: 3 servings a day
Of the 5 to avoid, red meat is at the top of the list.
An added bonus of the MIND diet is that it is just good for you and done right it can help with weight loss or maintenance. Think about it.
Resource: www.cbs.news.com/media/mind-dietfoods-avoia-alzheimer's for the complete list and more information.