Not ever being one to make a claim as a great cook I find one of the best ways to cook some veggies is roasting. I have posted previously about roasting Brussels sprouts but also cauliflower, onions, carrots are great for roasting as well as some other winter vegetables. It is a simple method and helps to get a great dinner on the table with little time and effort. The next time you are short on time or energy and tempted to skip the vegetables try this. Generally speaking this is what I do.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Wash and cut the veggies into bite-size pieces and mix in a bowl with a little extra virgin olive oil.
- Season and turn onto a baking sheet lined with foil.
- I roast until they start to turn a little brown and taste test. Some will take longer than others.
- Play with the seasoning to find combinations that compliment your meal.