Monday, November 16, 2015

I Love You

Older adults were asked what they most regretted in life.  One gentleman said that he and his wife were married over 60 years and she passed away recently. For 60+ years he never said "I love you" and she never said the same to him.  He never thought much about it until she was gone. They both knew they were loved by the other and such was just their style.  The biggest regret of his life was never saying those three little words to his wife; such a simple thing!

I learned at an early age that the people in life that I deeply love and are so important can be gone in the blink of an eye.  My brother once wrote "It is a luxury to be able to say good-bye".  Last week over 100 people lost their lives at the hands of terrorist in Paris.  There was no such luxury and while the end of life was violent, I hope during the day they heard from someone the words I love you.