Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Stress Or Not?

There is a lot written about stress and how to deal with it.  Recently I found a short article about making changes to avoid stress.  The author noted a few ideas just to help make life a little easier.  The first one is simply "stop rushing".  Do you find yourself literally running from one appointment to another even getting worked up about the car in front of you driving at a pace that is causing you to move slower?  If so, "stop rushing" is something to consider.  Another I like is "create a comfortable morning routine". Since our daughter was born I have been an early riser.  I can't say that I am a morning person.  I like to stay in bed as much as the next person, but I like the trade off to a peaceful house. This is one thing I do right. It  allows me time to enjoy the morning, have my cup of coffee, do a little reading and get ready for the day.  I hate rushing out the door forgetting half of what I need.  Life brings a lot of stress that is out of our control such as health issues or uncooperative co-workers. Some of it we bring on ourselves and that's the part we can change.

Resource: 5 Changes That Will Immediately Lower Your Stress Level by James E. Porter
HuffPost Healthy Living